I have been specifying commercial appliances for years and I do believe they make a kitchen stand out from the rest. I also have a Viking gas range and I absolutely love it.

Viking Range Corporation has a 60" range with two 30" ovens that is available with a various colored enameled fronts. I have recently designed a whole kitchen around this range with a black enameled front because it is absolutely beautiful. I am also working on another kitchen that will have the 60" range in stainless. One comment I have had from clients over the years is that they would prefer two large ovens and the 48" range doesn't offer that.

I was invited down to Viking Range Corporation on a designer trip and it was enlightening and inspiring to learn the history of the company and how they built up a very successful company from a dream and one prototype range. We flew into Memphis for a fun night out and then headed to Mississippi to their training center. The trip was fantastic.

Subzero/Wolf Appliances are also a commercial appliance that I frequently use and the Subzero refrigerator will always be an industry leader. I was recently down to their Madison, Wisconsin and their facilities for training were outstanding.

The newest feature and technological advancement that Subzero has implemented is a computerized system that will notify you if and when your refrigerator requires service. My absentee home owners in Whistler would love this feature for peace of mind when they are many miles away and something goes wrong. The fridge would notify Subzero service and they would immediately contact the client to arrange service. Similar to OnStar…..how cool is that.

“Beneath a refined exterior advanced technologies work together to create something more than just a refrigerator. It's a comprehensive food preservation system, guarding the freshness and wholesomeness of food and water like nothing before.” (Quoted from the website)

Both companies have amazing appliances and features that will work in any kitchen.

Comments

Popular Posts