Great New Looks for an Accessory You Already Own

Somtimes the best things are surprisingly simple. A blanket, for example — you probably have one within reach. Besides the fact they keep us warm in winter, blankets are amazingly versatile accessories.

I have blankets in almost every room. They not only look great, but they keep the peace in my house. I am always colder than my husband, and we struggle to find an agreeable setting for the heater; we’ve settled on 74 degrees and blankets for every room.

I enjoy things done in new and different ways, especially when I can do them myself for no cost. If you, like me, are forever cold and have blankets aplenty, try one of these new ideas for showcasing them in your house.



Have a favorite quilt you want to display? Hang it up behind a bed as a visual headboard. I think this is a very good way to showcase a handmade blanket, especially if a friend or family member made it for you.



If you have collected blankets over the years, display them out in the open, where they can be appreciated and used. When things are tucked away in closets and drawers, we tend to forget about them.



If you have a favorite blanket that has holes and runs but still looks and feels good, repurpose it as pillow covers.

Continue reading… Great New Looks for an Accessory You Already Own

Popular Posts