5 Ingredients to a Romantic Bedroom
Is your bedroom romantic? I was recently asked by a journalist to give
my input for creating a romantic bedroom. I said that in order to create
a completely seductive space we need to arouse our five senses: touch,
sight, smell, hearing and taste. I asked a few of my friends for their
opinions, too. Their top three:
1. Don’t skimp on the size of your bed. Go for the king size if you have the room.
2. Keep your bed made. A clean well made bed is very appealing.
3. Do not place gym equipment in your bedroom.
Bedding is very alluring when it looks like a fluffy cloud. Think about a luxe hotel you may have stayed at. Replicate it using a soft down comforter. I try to stay away from comforters that have lots of different colors and patterns in master bedrooms. It can be distracting and clutter your mind.
Another harmonious combo: tans with accents of spicy orange and greens. Don't skimp on the drapes. Add volume to your windows with extra widths of fabric.
For a luxe look, try using tone-on-tone fabrics and paint in a soft neutral palette with silver finishes. I can imagine a crystal chandelier hanging in front of the bed. Use extra throw pillows to layer on plushness to the bed.
Layer your windows with hard treatments like blinds or shades, along with drapes that have black out lining. This combination will shut the world out so you can concentrate on your romance. Silk or velvet drapes are soft looking.
Do those things and get your five senses going and soon you will hear "Je t'aime de tout mon coeur." (I love you with all my heart). Click here to get you started.
1. Don’t skimp on the size of your bed. Go for the king size if you have the room.
2. Keep your bed made. A clean well made bed is very appealing.
3. Do not place gym equipment in your bedroom.
Bedding is very alluring when it looks like a fluffy cloud. Think about a luxe hotel you may have stayed at. Replicate it using a soft down comforter. I try to stay away from comforters that have lots of different colors and patterns in master bedrooms. It can be distracting and clutter your mind.
Another harmonious combo: tans with accents of spicy orange and greens. Don't skimp on the drapes. Add volume to your windows with extra widths of fabric.
For a luxe look, try using tone-on-tone fabrics and paint in a soft neutral palette with silver finishes. I can imagine a crystal chandelier hanging in front of the bed. Use extra throw pillows to layer on plushness to the bed.
Layer your windows with hard treatments like blinds or shades, along with drapes that have black out lining. This combination will shut the world out so you can concentrate on your romance. Silk or velvet drapes are soft looking.
Do those things and get your five senses going and soon you will hear "Je t'aime de tout mon coeur." (I love you with all my heart). Click here to get you started.