12 Tried and True Paint Colors for Your Walls

Some people know what general paint color they want but struggle with envisioning the exact shade. Others are just scared to commit to color because they’re not sure what works best with their furniture. One of the points about paint I like to make with clients is that the colors you may like may be very different from colors you want to live with.

Some shades translate perfectly to walls. Some, although beautiful, are better saved for fabrics or rugs. Here are some shades of popular, tried and true paint colors along with their exact name and brand, that I think translate very well to walls.



Blue. One of my favorite choices for a bedroom is a soft sky blue with a subtle sage undertone. Blue is calming and a logical choice for slumber-inducing relaxation.

This bedroom is painted in Benjamin Moore’s Quiet Moments 1563, which is best paired with a crisp white.



Green. I have long admired the shade of green in this kitchen. I think it’s perfectly paired with the white cabinets and does a good job of adding warmth.

This mellow shade of green is Farrow & Ball’s Ball Green 75.



Red. When a client asks me to select a red for them, I like to go with a pure, fire engine red. I paint one or two walls and then throw in some more red in rugs or fabrics. I like pairing red with blue or brown as accents.

This hip TV area is painted in Sizzling Haute AC119R by Duron.

Continue reading 12 Tried and True Paint Colors for Your Walls

Popular Posts