Design an Easy-Clean Bathroom

I hate cleaning bathrooms. There. I've said it. I'm not proud, but I'm not really ashamed either. I have better things to do with my time ... well, certainly more fun things to do with my time. Don't you? Not everyone has a housekeeper, so when you are the one who has to do the cleaning, your design choices will make a big impact on you every day. If you implement the strategies below, you can end up with a bathroom that looks and feels like a dream bathroom but cleans as easily as a no-nonsense public restroom.


Just say no to grout. Scrubbing grout lines has to be one of the least favorite chores when cleaning a bathroom. Using solid-surface choices for your walls will save a lot of elbow grease. Stone slabs have few seam lines, and they are very thin.


Caesarstone was used for the brown walls and countertop in this bathroom. You can use it all by itself or in combination with tile to beautiful effect.


Vinyl wall coverings have come a long way. They add beautiful texture or pattern to your bathroom, and you can wipe them down with a sponge.


Back-painted glass is another option for walls, and you can use it on counters too, if you're looking to go groutless.

These ingenious strategies and sleek designs for the sink, tub, shower and toilet help your bathroom practically clean itself. Read more.

Popular Posts