A Testimonial from Hong Kong


I came across Debbie and Whistler Interior Design purely by chance when I was looking for someone to renovate my house in Whistler while I was living and working in Hong Kong. I was admittedly a little skeptical whether as an absentee client I would get what I wanted in a quality I expected. However, what struck me from our very first meeting was that Debbie was able to understand not merely what was in my mind but how she could interpret and enhance what I wanted in ways she as a designer would know but I would not, and which would ultimately amaze me. In my case that meant incorporating my collection of art and antiques from Europe and Asia into a Whistler house and making it at the same time a warm and welcoming home. It also meant softening what was for me the oppressive log effect which she achieved by applying a wash to the logs and wooden ceilings, a simple device which was both bold and ingenious and has since been followed by others who have marveled at the results. As for the master bathroom (depicted at the top of this newsletter), Debbie created a symmetry of taste and utility which turned a very ordinary bathroom into a stunning showpiece.
  
Because she is someone who exudes confidence in any scheme or plan, knows exactly where she is going and what the client’s tastes and budget are, I quickly came to trust her judgment and allow her a discretion to develop a design and turn the house into something which I knew I would like. When one is doing any project or business long distance, that measure of trust is essential. My faith was not misplaced. During the entirety of the project I was furnished with every necessary drawing and involved in all decisions on the fabric schemes she put together. In terms of design and layout, texture and colour, joinery and lighting, quality and finish, I would change nothing. Even the smallest detail did not escape her touch. It gives me the greatest pleasure to arrive from Hong Kong, turn the key and enter a home which has been so beautifully and sensitively put together.

The Hon. Mr Justice Andrew Macrae
Hong Kong

Popular Posts