Natural Beauty: Gorgeous, Unpainted Wood Doors

When I fantasize about owning a home someday, I often think about finding some charming fixer-upper with gorgeous wooden doors throughout the house. Maybe it's because I've spent so many years living in rentals with cheap hollow-core doors. Some may dream about kitchen islands or clawfoot tubs, but I'm in love with wood doors, unpainted so you can appreciate their natural wood grain. Here's what I mean:
 
The curved top of this wooden door only adds to its charm. I picture this doorway to a bedroom in a sweet New England cottage. 

 
  
 This sliding wood door is way more than a functional way to separate the dining room from the living room. It's a gorgeous element in the space. The dark wood and the paned glass add tons of character. 
 
I love this idea. The sliding wood door is made of unstained reclaimed wood, and it's set against a wall paneled with the same reclaimed wood. So this barn door blends in, making the wall and door look like one visual element. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This Dutch door adds country charm to the space. And opening the top of the door keeps the kitchen from feeling isolated and adds more of an open floor-plan feel. 


















Popular Posts